Yazıda Neler Var?
What is virtualization, what are the requirements of the Hyper-V system, how to install and what is in the interface?
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization processor, harddrive, ram, ethernet card, graphics card, such as physical hardware is logically divided through software. In other words, we can say that more than one virtual computer is created based on the capacity of hardware resources on a physical computer. We will do virtualization operations with Hyper-V on the Windows 10 operating system. Hyper-V It is a free, powerful virtualization tool developed by Microsoft.
Hyper-V system requirements :
Hyper-V we must have the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Education, or Enterprise version operating system to use it. We also need to activate virtualization for the processor from your computer’s bios settings.Now let’s test whether our computer is suitable for virtualization. By opening the Start menu, we type cmd and press enter. In the pop-up window, we press enter by typing systeminfo at the command line. The hyper-v requirements results at the bottom of the query give us information about the eligibility of our system. If you see virtualization enabled in firmware: No result in query lines, you must activate virtualization technology from bios settings. In our query, we received the conclusion that Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes. Our system is suitable for Hyper-V and we begin setup by closing the Windows Command Prompt window. More detailed and technical information about hyper-V system requirements can be found here in English.
Hyper-V is not a program established by downloading. Windows 10 comes passively with operating system features. Now let’s start the installation. By opening the Start menu, we type optionalfeatures and press enter. In the pop-up window, we select all the components under Hyper-V heading to click OK. After the components are installed, we restart the computer with the Restart Now button. And we’re done with the installation.
Hyper-V Quick Look at interface :
To start the program, we open the start menu and type hyper-v and press enter. We are greeted by the Hyper-V Manager interface.
1. Under the Hyper-V Manager tab, we see the name of our own computer as the main server. All the virtual devices we create are created through our own host. Here we can manage virtual devices with the drop-down menu by right-clicking on the computer name.
2. We see the names, statuses and usage information of our virtual machines that we create in virtual machines. We can perform management operations by clicking on the virtual machine from this field.
3. We see that the backup process has been performed on the selected machine in the Checkpoints field. Hyper-V Checkpoints creates an automatic backup on a time-by-time basis for the virtual machine. If necessary, we will have a chance to restore the virtual machine from this area.
4. We see summary information about the virtual machine selected in the Details field. We can also watch the snapshot of the virtual machine. We can also access network and ram information here using the Memory and Networking options on the subtabs.
5. We can manage all virtual devices from the Actions field.